Stories from the Attendance Office

Ms. Blanchard: I’m having a great year. I just turned 60 in December, and my daughters who both graduated from Mayde Creek, gifted me with a surprise to take me to Paris because I’ve always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower. So, this summer, June 9th, I’m getting on a plane with my two daughters and we are going to Paris! Turning 60 is pretty awesome! Jackie, my daughter who graduated in 2006, ran cross country. My youngest daughter, Tori, graduated in 2010 and she was a cheerleader here. So I’m having a great year!  Oh, and on my 60th birthday, I went to new York!
Ms. Pierce: I have been here, at Mayde Creek for quite a few years. I’ve gone through five principals now and through two renovations, this one will be the third one. Both of my children went here. My son, Damion graduated in 1997. He was in journalism. He wrote for the Ram Page. My daughter Megan, also went here. She graduated in 99. She was into a lot of sports, mostly softball. I’ve always enjoyed working at this school. My children weren’t zoned to go here, but I chose to bring them here. It is a good school. The teachers are great and everyone gets along.  I really enjoy all the people that work here and I like being here with the kids. I’ve always liked being here and have never thought about going anywhere else. I enjoy coming to work every day because I can’t wait to see what has happened overnight from these two (Ms. Blanchard and Mrs. Hughes). They’ve always got something exciting going on. I like hearing their stories!

**It was beach themed day on campus, hence the cute beach bag and the hat!**